The best gift is the gift of yourself. This Valentine’s Day I plan to spend at home with my special someone. Instead of spending the time and money in a restaurant, we’ll spend a quality day at home together. I’ll give us both strict instructions to not also do laundry, balance the check book, talk on the phone, etc! We’ll watch romantic movies. Don’t tell him, but I already got some chocolate truffles which we both love.
What’s the old saying about the way to a man’s heart and his stomach?… I plan to fix an oven meal I can prepare and forget…pork chops and scalloped potatoes. Here’s my quick and easy recipe:
– Sprinkle chops with cinnamon & brown sugar; set aside.
– Peel & slice potatoes, onions & fresh mushrooms. Combine in oven casserole.
– Make a sauce of cream of mushroom soup, milk, minced garlic, salt & pepper. Combine most of sauce with potatoes.
– Place chops over potatoes and top with remaining sauce. Cover & bake at 325 for 1 1/2 hours or til movie is over.
– Serve with salad & steamed broccoli.