Lava Cakes for Dessert!
I’ve eaten Lava cakes in restaurants and always thought they would be hard to make at home. They aren’t! Granted, I did do the “Lisa version” but it tasted just as incredible.
Here is what you need:
- Chocolate Cake Mix – I used Chocolate Fudge flavor because I had it on hand.
- Ice Cream – use your favorite flavor, but be warned these are rich so vanilla works best in my opinion. Get the good stuff. I got vanilla bean, it’s my favorite.
- Hot Chocolate Fudge topping
- Magic Shell Topping
- Caramel Topping
- A friend to help you with the assembly if you are doing more than just a couple. I used my brother cause he is the best at making big scoops of ice cream!
- You make the cupcakes as directed on the box, let cool completely.
- Cut the tops off the cupcakes and save them, by setting to the side.
- Make a well in the bottom half of the cupcake to hold the hot fudge topping.
- Spoon in the hot fudge topping into the hollowed out cupcake and set the top back on.
- Put it on a microwave safe plate and heat for about 20 seconds.
- Put a scoop of ice cream next to the cake, top the ice cream with Magic Shell topping and drizzle with caramel sauce. This is a little over board, but who cares, you are eating a lava cake, it’s pretty and everyone needs a special treat now and then!
Serve while the cakes are warm. Good luck, they are so rich. You need a sweet tooth for this dessert.