I just returned home from the Wyoming Association of Realtors convention in Cheyenne. Here are 10 of the reasons I think “Convention” is an excellent investment of a real estate agent’s time and money.
2. Aboslutley top notch real estate education. I have to stay on top of industry issues and the latest technology in order to provide the best possible service for my clients and customers. I want to be in this business long term so I can’t just focus on next month’s goals.
3. Real life networking comes ahead of social media. I’ve been able get to know several industry experts including lenders, title insurance agents, WCDA represenitives and software programers. They all are come to the convention to seek real estate agents who have clients and customers who will benefit from thier expertise.
5. I believe that the people who attend the Wyoming Association of REALTORS convention are the cream of the crop. I believe in studying the best practices of others to improve my own business.
6. As President of the Northwest Wyoming Board of REALTORs I am able to get many great ideas from others in leadership on how to keep our Board strong, relevant and beneficial to our members.
7. I just really love Cheyenne. It’s my favorite (larger) Wyoming town.
8. I was able to spend some time with some of my best friends in the business.
9. It’s nice to get a break from the usual routine.
10. It’s just plain fun. We had a comedian from Denver that had us rolling after the RPAC reception, a DJ after the installation banquet and even a costume party that kept the welcome reception hopping.
If you are a fellow REALTOR….I encourage you to attend your own state and national conventions. It’s worth your time and energy and you clients will thank you!