When I took a class on generational marketing and trends a few years ago at the National Association of REALTORS convention I was listing to an instructor teaching us about how the retirement of the Baby Boom generation was going to affect real estate. 8,000 Baby Boomers are turning 65….every day! Extensive surveys have been conducted on what Boomers are looking for as they approach their 60’s and beyond. It seems retiring with a gold watch and “resting” is not their plan. As I listened to the specifics of what this huge group of Americans are looking for I knew were they were describing Lovell and surrounding areas. Here are 10 of the things boomers are looking for… and I am thrilled to report…..Lovell Wyoming has them all.
- High quality of Life
- To get out of the “rat race.”
- Near recreation including…boating, fishing, hunting, hiking, camping and snow sports
- Affordable cost of living/low taxes. Wyoming has no state income tax and an overall low tax base
- Medical facilities nearby
- Part time job opportunities
- Friendly/helpful neighbors
- Mild weather
- They want the” real thing” not the rhinestone cowboy version of the West
- A Business friendly environment
Welcome to Lovell Boomers! We know you will love it here!