I got in to real estate at the ripe ol’ age of 21. I just turned the BIG 4-0 last week and it caused me to reflect about some of the things I learned (mostly the hard way) that I wished I would have known earlier. It’s kind of Like the Brad Paisley song….If I Could Write A Letter to Me.
1. Don’t take it personally.
2. Get up even earlier.
3. Pay cash for everything.
4. Use the slow cooker.
5. Hand write notes/letters to people every week.
6. Take pictures and videos of normal family activities not just special occasions.
7. Weekly date nights.
8. Set a timer when you are online.
9. Take a 3 day weekend off (unplugged) every 6 weeks. Even if it’s a stay-cation.
10. Don’t take life too seriously…it’s all going to be just fine!
It’s only been a week but so far…. I love being 40.