We all knew here in Northwestern Wyoming that we were on borrowed time. When you borrow anything from Old Man Winter you have to pay in back with interest and penalties. We had the longest, warmest most beautiful fall I can remember. Then the temps dropped from the 70’s to double digits BELOW zero in less then 48 hours! Now that is abrupt! Below zero temps are not conducive to showing property or for doing anything really. Here is how I have learned to cope with weather that HURTS YOUR FACE!
- Wool Socks– This is the single best advice I could give for getting through a cold spell.
- Wear a hat– I prefer the handmade versions.
- Have the best tires you can afford. Really good tires give me a sense of confidence on the road which I believe is half the battle.
- Drive slower than you think you need to. If not for yourself do it for those of us who are more stressed out by other drivers that the actual road conditions.
- Enjoy a few of your favorite things. When else do soups, casseroles and hot chocolate taste as good?
Stay warm my friends….and enjoy!